Some weeks back, I wrote a post giving some, ‘Back to school tips’ to fellow parents of children on the autism spectrum. One of these tips related to shopping and the common issues experienced when having to shop with a child on the autism spectrum. With these issues in mind, I made the suggestion of purchasing your, “Back to school necessities” online, and to do so within good time!
Well, I must admit, that I myself failed, “Yet Again” to follow my own advice. Last week I still had school shoes, lunch boxes, PE kits and more to buy!
Well, thank you Matalan for saving me from what may have been, a shopping nightmare! Little man has been known to have some almighty mid shop meltdowns and I didn’t fancy another!
Yes, the lovely people at Matalan sent me an email setting me a challenge. I’m pretty used to challenges, but in this case it was the welcomed type!
Matalan online sent me a £50 voucher, all I had to do was spend it carefully, getting as much for my £50 as possible. Lastly, I was to share my bargains here with my readers!
No problem, I’m not only a mother but a woman who loves to shop!
Bring it on!!!
So, from the comfort of my sofa, with no meltdowns, anxiety or tears, I went shopping at Matalans online store.
On loading the site, I discovered that there was a sale showcasing items from just £1, (Oh yes, that’s my type of sale)!
So, voucher at hand, here’s what I got…
1) Girls button shoes (Black) Price: £8
2) Boys black trainer (Black) Price: £7
3) Black slash design leggings, Sale Price: £1 (reduced from: £6)
4) Back to school wheel design lunch bag, Price: £5
5) Back to school wheel design drinks bottle, Price: £2
6) Girls red school cardigan, Price: £4.50
7) Grey baker boy girls hat, Price: £3
8) Red Pump bag, Price: £1.50
9) Black Velcro Plimsolls, Price: £2.50
10) Girls five pack of briefs, Price: £3.50
11) Girls Hooch studded biker boot, Sale Price: £3.75 (reduced from £15)
After having added all the above to my trolley, I discovered I still had £8.25 left to spend, and what with having already got all I needed, I decided to get…
12) 3 Price red pan non stick pan set, Sale Price: £5.50 (reduced from £22)
13) Non padded Balconette bra, Sale price: £2 (reduced from £6)
14) Daisy white D plus bra, Sale Price: £1 (reduced from £6)
Ok, Ok, I went 25p over, though I think that’s good for me.
That’s 14 items listed there, didn’t I do well?
delivery was super fast, arriving at my door with a smile just two days after I placed the order. My delivery was free as part of the challenge, however, Matalan are offering all customers spending £40 or more a special delivery rate of just £2 for a limited time.
I also received an exclusive reward, ‘A boredom busting voucher booklet’ entitling me to a discount of 20% of at ‘Yellow Moon’ as well as lots of other offers to keep the kids smiling such as, Kids bowl free, kids go free to Merlin attractions, (Legoland, Chessington and more) 2 for one on visits to Merlin attractions and many more.To little man’s delight the boredom busting booklet also contain a 25% off City sightseeing bus tours (yep, we’re going next week).
I am unsure if the promotion is still active. To find out, or check for any other offers, check the Matalan site or the blog (URLs at the bottom of the page).
The Sale is currently still on and is offering some items at a massive 75% off As you can see from the above, it hosts some great bargains!
For me my best buy has to be the Hooch boots that had a fabulous £11.25 saving. These will do Alice-Sara proud in the winter I’m sure! They look really well made, as-well as being bang on trend.
The non stick pans, well, how can you resist a price like this? £5.50 is a steal.
The two bras are a bargain at £6 each but getting them both for £3 is super, and was simply my little teat to me! (Sorry guys I haven’t posted a pic of these but you can check out the underwear range online)
We decided that the leggings were much to nice for PE and having only cost £1 we are very pleased with them.
Even the items not in the sale were a steal. Little man has problems with his fine motor skills, making laces a problem! His black trainers with velcro fastening are ideal and a great price too!
I was sent some fantastic books showcasing the new women’s and homeware range for the Autumn. The books were super posh and came with CD-ROMs
It’s clear to see that Matalan’s have had a redesign and I was pretty impressed and excited at what was on offer throughout both of these books.
Looks like its going to be a fantastic Autumn at Matalan this year.
to shop at Matalan just click HERE
- Next and Matalan make big impact in August Hot Shops List (weblogs.hitwise.com)
- Matalan Launches Fashion and Style Blog Fashion Advice and Trend Tips from the Experts at Matalan (prweb.com)
- Save money on back to school basics (moneysupermarket.com)
- Matalan’s Fab Autumn/Winter collection. (fashion-mommy.com)