As some may know already, I’ve decided to give my children a fun and exciting job!
To review toys!
Aww, the life of a kid ah!
Little Man, his sister, ‘Alice Sara’ and little brother Harley (Or should I say monster) have been very busy this week! The children have been working with an awesome collection of toys supplied by WoodenToyShop.co.uk
We love wooden toys in this house so this fantastic online retailer was the perfect match for the children. This is a company that I will certainly be using this christmas! Yes, yes… I understand its only July but before you know it Christmas will be upon us and if your anything like me your be buzzing around on Christmas week like a ‘Bee’ taking pro-plus! However that’s in the past, I’m a reformed woman now (come back and ask me nearer the time and your see)!
Today it’s the turn of Alice-Sara, my beautiful, creative, art loving daughter who is eight and already a bit of a diva! Alice is putting the Melissa and Doug friendship stamp set to the test. It couldn’t be more fitting, a true match made in heaven.
Alice set up the table, keeping all bits out of little brothers reach (wise girl, I don’t want my furniture decorated with stamps thank you)
So at £9.45p what do you get for your money…
- 9 Funky reasonable sized wooden/rubber stamps
- 5 Coloured pencils
- Double Ink pad (we got pink and blue)
- All presented together in a sturdy wooden box that can be used time and time again.
The only downside here was no pad of paper was provided with this set (well, for the price, lets not get greedy)!
The set has a recommended age of 4+ This made me question whether Alice was actually a bit to old for the set. Well, I needn’t of feared she really enjoyed using the stamps and used them for a number of projects.
here’s 10 great ideas on how to get the best out of your stamp kit. As recommended by Alice herself
- Your stamps can be used to decorate cards.
- Customise your own pictures,drawings or paintings.
- Create funky boarders for all your art work.
- Stamp, colour, cut then stick them around your room to decorate and brighten things up.
- Do the above to decorate school books (Teachers permission required)
- Use in scrapbooks to add cool, girlie additions
- Why not decorate the plain wooden box it came in.
- Use stick down gems and plenty of glitter (not supplied) Alice-Sara states that by adding the glitter to the rainbow design will really make it stand out and sparkle, giving it a beautiful finish (her very next project I believe)!
- Stamp on to some durable card (not included). Colour the design and decorate with gems and sparkles (not included). If using glitter leave to dry, then laminate the card and cut your designs out. Lastly add small magnets or safety pins at parents permission, (available cheaply from many craft shops) to create fridge magnets and badges.
- Make mum a beautiful stamped card.
ALICE RATES IT: 9/10
Its wooden, stores away neatly (no horrid cardboard boxes taking up needed space). It isn’t even super messy which is always a bonus in our house! The ink is washable so can be easily cleaned from skin and clothing (as I later discovered when Harley stamped himself from head to toe). The product was delivered in a matter of days, its fun, very girlie and kept my little lady happy for hours giving mummy some me time which she spent swimming in the tub till she became a wrinkled old prune.
Oh, a fantastic price too!
MUM RATES IT 9/10
(I even gave it a go myself but… Sssh don’t tell the kids!)
My thoughts so far on the online retailer WoodenToyShop.co.uk
An awesome site that I spent hours trailing through. There are all the classic wooden toys taking me back to my childhood, plus some new and exciting fresh ideas. Just check out the play food, the wooden cup cakes on their own tiered stand just look absolutely brilliant. If the cakes don’t do it for you then I bet either the outdoor play, train-sets or dolls house’s will.
WoodenToyShop.co.uk has something for everyone big & small.