2 May

img_0135img_01311As we all slept so peacefully in our beds we were woken by a loud (very loud) bang. OMG our whole living room ceiling was now a whole cloud of smoke, that filled the house. Yes the ceiling had fallen down. The dust made it hard to see or Breath The children were screaming. Then it happened! the cloud of dust had set of the smoke alarms. SENSORY OVERLOAD.  Little man was screaming, he hates the noise of the smoke alarms. This plus all the other goings on was well to much for him. Alice my little girl was also taking the whole thing badly. She was just to scared to remain in the house and was picked up at 4am by my mum.                                                                Well my newly decorated living room was now a danger zone. Lucky nobody was hurt. The housing told us it was unsafe to enter the living room. GREAT! We also had a gas leak last Tuesday and have been living with no gas. I have been informed that they are not fixing  the gas to Tuesday next week, As for the ceiling they want me to wait to the 13Th of may! So I’m unable to enter my kitchen that leads off my living room and I’m living with no gas. Did I ask to move out to the work is completed ? Of course I did! I was told NO. So despite the health dangers that face me and the children ( one of which has Aspergers ) I am still refused help!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Well I’m not the kind of person to sit back and cry. I phoned the papers and they have agreed to take some pictures of our house 🙂 Take a look and let me know what you think!


  1. Missy Norrell April 23, 2010 at 8:35 pm #

    Holy cow, Claire!

    I’m just glad that all of you are ok! I hope that it all gets sorted quickly for you. I am glad that you’ve asked for help. I hope that the knight on the white horse shows up soon!

  2. amanda neal April 23, 2010 at 7:44 pm #

    omg – how scarey. glad non of you were hurt.
    i cant beleive you are expected to live in the mess and with no gas! lets hope the papaers can get things moving for you

  3. freyasworld May 10, 2009 at 9:05 am #

    OMG! You must have all been terrified! I would have run out of the house, with all the dust and the mess and the smoke alarms… Awful. Btw thanx 4 putting me on your blogroll. 🙂

  4. fraggle May 5, 2009 at 7:25 pm #

    Oh dear hopefuly the newspapers will get the housing to work a little quicker if not phone your local mp, hope you are all ok x

  5. rebelmother May 3, 2009 at 9:03 pm #

    Oh my God! It’s dreadful! All that dust and muck – it must be ghastly.

    I think you have done the best thing to call the papers – it will get fixed quicker when they see the article. It’s shocking.

    You’d think we were living in the stone age – no gas, no ceiling. Ridiculous. And poor little man – hope he is ok. RMx

  6. kyraanderson May 3, 2009 at 3:27 pm #

    oh my! that’s awful! how are you all today?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: